- If you need an urgent appointment you may ring us on the day.
- Our trained staff will ask you the reason for the appointment in order to signpost you to the most appropriate clinician or service.
- Appointments will be telephone consultations in the first instance. If needed the triaging clinician can see you face-to-face.
- GP appointments are now available in your area during the evenings and at the weekend.
- We are working very hard to offer more appointments in the early mornings, evenings or at weekends. These include telephone consultations with Dr Ahmed on Sunday afternoons for Hillview patients.
- To book an appointment or for more information please contact reception.
- This practice is committed to providing a safe and comfortable environment and strives to achieve good practice at all times.
- All patients are entitled to have a chaperone present during any consultation, examination or procedure.
- Clinicians at this practice will advise patients a chaperone is necessary during any intimate examination; this is to safeguard both the clinician and you, the patient.
- If you require an interpreter to attend with you when you see your doctor please notify the receptionist and she will arrange this for you.
- Alternatively we have access to Language Line.
Not Registered for Online Services?
Make an Appointment - During COVID-19 pandemic all consultations are via telephone
Cancel an Appointment
Patients are requested, where possible, to telephone before 11am if a home visit is required that day.
We would request that, apart from the genuinely housebound, all other patients attend the surgery rather than request a home visit because of the extra time home visiting takes. On average four to five patients can be seen in surgery in the time it takes to do a single house call. In addition, the care that can be offered due to the lack of adequate lighting, examination facilities and equipment means that you may not receive as good a service as the doctor may be able to offer if you came to the surgery.
Please note that the doctor may telephone you rather than visit you if this is medically appropriate. Ultimately it is the doctors right to decide whether or not a visit is appropriate for a particular set of circumstances.
Cancel an Appointment
It is important that you inform the reception staff if you are unable to attend your appointment, this will allow that appointment to be offered to another patient.
If you do not attend your appointment on more than one occasion you may not be able to easily pre-book in the future.
You can also complete our appointment cancellation notification request form. This can only be used if your appointment has been arranged for more than 24 hours in advance. (excluding weekends and public holidays). You can also text to cancel your appointment.
Late For Your Appointment
If you are more than 15 minutes late for your appointment we will ask you to re-book or you may have to wait until the end of surgery.
Text Reminder Service
We have a texting service which allows you to receive confirmation and reminders about your appointments.
To have this service you will need to register by completing a consent form.
Please remember to update your contact details with us when you change address, telephone numbers and email address.